Tuesday, January 8, 2008

FRESH Tomato Pasta Adventure

Ok so today I decided to make some Tomato Pasta with my mixer.

The dough includes:
2 1/4 flour
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 tbsp tomato paste

It is important to work with smaller balls of dough. So after letting the mixer do all the work and allowing the dough to stand for 20 mins, I chopped the dough into three parts. Then I began running it through the roller. It takes practice that is for sure, I think by the end of the third roll my pasta making skills are slowly getting better!


This is the roller at work. You can see the knob on the side to adjust the thinness of your pasta.


Above is the fettuccine attachment. LOL, I attached it on backwards at first and was about to give up because it wasn't grabbing my pasta sheets!

Pasta before cooking..

It takes about 2 mins total to get al dente. You can see the sauce simmering away.. I used a rose sauce and added an extra jar of alfredo. Sauteed crimini mushrooms, minced garlic, and sauteed chopped chicken breast seasoned with italian spices were all added to the sauce too!

AND VOILA! Tomato Pasta Affair.

Thanks to everyone that reads my blog, comments/tips/etc are appreciated!!!

No comments: