
So succulent plants are my new addiction. This past summer I spent a lot of my time in greenhouses around the city. These little succulent plants were featured for "rock gardens". Now I can't actually remember when the addiction started, but I know for sure that the first time I squeezed one, it hit me hard. Mind you, I never squeezed them until they burst but rather with even pressure through the finger tips, just enough to feel the "succulence" of their foliage. They are amazing plants that of course absorb and store water into their leaves. Strange addiction I know, but now I have my very own little collection I can squeeze anytime!

Shopping for succulent plants today reminded me of the "Haleakala Silversword" pictured below. I was lucky enough to see this rare, threatened species found only in Maui at elevations above 2100 ft. I had to be uber careful in order to capture the plant with the cam. Apparently there is a significant monetary fine for even touching the plant. Thank goodness I didn't know it was a succulent species back then because I would have totally tried to squeeze it!
No comments:
Post a Comment