Sunday, December 30, 2007

Curry Time

I have been busy in the kitchen doing silly things. A few nights ago, after I came home from working at the hospital, I burnt two separate batches of shortbread cookies. It is a great shortbread recipe I have made with excellent results previously but this time I decided to try out my cheap $1.99 baking sheets. The first batch I used parchment paper and the paper turned out brown and the bottoms of my cookies were burnt! It was a very sad event!!

 I started from scratch again but used wax paper instead and the cookie bottoms turned out black again! Since I have made these cookies successfully before, I attribute these two failed batches to my cheap baking sheets I purchased from Linens and Things. I won't be using them again --- lesson learned!

Anyway, so after a long time since the last curry feast, I heated up the kitchen with some spicy curry and roti. I usually like to make my own roti, but since I would've had to let the dough stand for 45 mins I decided to use "Praha" brand roti. This is frozen roti I bought at T&T Market which you just heat up in the frying pan. I threw in some onion, garlic, chicken thigh, potatoes and green onions in my curry. It was great as it had been such a long time since the last curry tasting..





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely pics of the food...got the site from ur dad

Anonymous said...

This sizzle iz the shizzle fo' rizzle!
You have never seen so many great dishes in one place! The Yakitori was so goddamn great that I can still taste it if I concentrate hard enough.
It's hard to find anything amiss with any of these dishes as Kim's sucha perfectionist! LOL No wonder Chef Ramsay is her idol!

-0_0-


Cheers,
Jord