Saturday, November 20, 2010

Old Summer Pics

Now because it is just horrible here with all the snow and shivering weather, I thought I would share a few of my garden pictures from this past summer. I must say, gardening has become a new passion of mine since  moving into a house. Luckily, the previous homeowner was a complete perfectionist and kept the property in tip top shape.

Before I show you the pics, I must give credit to Lois Hole. I was recommended her books for beginner gardening and seriously - her books are awesome. You can find her books at any local bookstore or at Holes Greenhouse. Another important note - Greenlands Garden Center is the BEST place I have found for plants and gardening tools. It is a little on the expensive side, but the expertise their staff have to offer plus their quality of plants is really second to none. Throughout the summer, I made many trips out to the wonderful place.

The tiger lily that surprisingly popped up in the late Spring. The previous owner had it planted.
It was one of the few plants I did not pull.

Another Tiger Lily that again surprised me!

A purple goolish looking annual. I really cannot remember the name. It looked so weird in the garden center, I had to buy it. This plant stayed blooming for quite sometime.

MMMMM one of my favorites. This is a lilac tree in front of my home.
It was truly a gift to smell these for the first few weeks of Spring.

Again, one of my faves - Lupins. They are so beautiful.

Finally a red celosa. I absolutely LOVE celosas! They are very weird looking plants..
Their colors are very vibrant. I will definitely be planting these again next
growing season!

I just wanted to share one of the 'crafty', 'martha stewart-ish' projects I worked
on during the summer. These are the seat cushions I made for our patio set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss grass :(